Your travel conditions Major delays
When booking your flight, your travel agent must inform you of the following:
- the name of the carrier operating the flight
- the name of the carrier, other than the one indicated on your ticket in the event of a change
- details regarding aircraft changes, stopovers and transfers between airports during travel
Under certain conditions, you are entitled to:
- reimbursement, without penalty, of the full fare, or travel at a later date at your convenience
- financial compensation from the airline in the event of denied boarding (€250 for flights up to 1,500 km, €400 for flights within the EU over 1,500 km and for flights between 1,500 and 3,500 km, and €600 for flights in excess of 3,500 km).
Are considered major delays:
- 2 hours or more on flights up to 1,500 km
- 3 hours or more for inter-city flights of over 1,500 km, or flights between 1,500 km and 3,500 km
- 4 hours or more for flights in excess of 3,500 km.
Should you fall into one of these categories, you are entitled to immediate and full compensation of expenses in the form of snacks, meals and lodging if necessary.
For delays in excess of 5 hours, you are entitled to:
- full reimbursement of your fare if you abandon your trip
- in some cases, full compensation for the return flight to your initial point of departure.
Your travel conditions